Log: when/whether I get replies to emails from companies
I thought this might be of interest: I'm going to keep a log of replies and non-replies to emails by companies, to see how responsive they are, also about other topics than bicycle related ones. A big issue with companies is non-replies. I've analysed this (why and how it happens) for my project to understand everything [ by now I do understand everything in that I can understand any person, I can emulate other people's thinking, I know why happens what happens in society, such as the origins of political correctness (The Frankfurt school that many mention, Rousseau's blank slate that Starkey talks about, and the actions by the USSR to subvert the USA as described by Yuri Bezmenov (alias after defecting to the USA: Tomas Schuman) are all irrelevant) ]. Here I will describe whom I emailed on what topic, at what date, and when I got a response, or not if not. I also added some information on test labs that I dealt with:
Replies updated to 2022-11-287:
- Thermos/Alfi GmbH about defective thermos bottle King 1.2l: 2022-11-2: reply: 2022-11-11, 2nd email with information they wanted: 2022-11-11, reply: ---
- Herrmans: email (suggestions, bicycle lamps): 2016-12-30; reply: ---
- Birzman: email (suggestions, bicycle pumps): 2017-1-18; reply: ---
- Birzman: email (problem with their Velocity apogee RG pump not working on inner tubes from Schwalbe): 2017-8-24; reply: ---
- Outboundlighting: email (a few topics, such as correction to what they wrote as 'explanation' of technical issues on their site which made no sense at all): 2018-10-28: reply: ---
- Pen and sword co.uk (Book proposals): email: 2021-1-2; reply: ---
- TUV Rheinland, general address: 2021-2-3; reply: ---
Once you get to know the right person to contact directly it's not a problem, but getting a good 1st reply or general reply (not trying to overload people you know with questions they are not experts in, so they would need to send it on etc.), gives issues. I've had this in previous years and this year with other test labs too, for questions about vehicle and lighting approvals about e.g. interpretation issues of the rules that they should know. And I'm not the only one who doesn't get responses...
- Savchook (Ukrainian publisher, book suggestion about some of what I wrote, and also a book suggestion about Ukrainian healthy food that an acquaintance of mine makes): email: 2021-2-11; reply: ---
- Atranvelo (question about the AVS system: bike racks, panniers): email 2021-2-12; reply: ---
- Sofirn (torches, question/suggestion for a 4000K version of the SC31 pro): email 2021-2-17: reply: 2021-2-18.
- Wike: email (about various of their bike trailers): 2021-3-12; reply: ----
- Carry Freedom (bike trailers, question about specifications): 2021-3-14; reply: 2021-3-15
- Carry Freedom: 2021-3-15 (bike trailers, additional questions); reply: ---
- Pen and sword co.uk (Book proposals reminder to just reply rather than ignore or archive my email): email: 2021-3-18; reply: ---
- Wike: email (forwarded my previously sent email, with the message that I'd still like to know about various of their bike trailers that I asked about): 2021-4-6; reply: 2021-4-7
As you can see, the reply rate is piss poor!
Last modified: 2021-11-28